Truelove is a smaller company, but they deserve some more publicity! They have good quality products at a reasonable price and also fantastic customer service! They only sell a few types of harnesses, leashes, collars, and shoes but those come in different sizes and colors.
This is one of my favorite harnesses so far! I always struggle with finding a sturdier looking harness which doesn’t restrict the movement, comfortable for the dog but durable and strong enough to use it on long hikes. The TLH6071 harness has padded parts where needed but straps where you don’t need them which makes it dry faster, and easier to clean. This is the harness which looks cool, great for hikes but it’s not too much for a walk in the city either.
I love the bright colors (it is even more vivid in real life, somehow the color looks less intense on the pictures) and the metal leash attachment points. You can change the length of the chest and neck part which gives you enough room for adjustment. The harness feels stable on the dog: it’s not sliding, the dog is not slipping out even if you help them go up or down a rock wall during a hike. I also like that the attachment point is far enough on their back which makes me feel the dog’s weight is distributed evenly on the chest instead of putting pressure under the neck.
While I really like this harness, I run into the same issue as I did with their TLH5551 harness: since the part between the legs are not adjustable, the no-pull front ring can be only used if it is a perfect fit for your dog. I can see that it would work on a bull type dog with a deep/wide chest but cannot imagine a skinny or small dog having the proportion needed for this. The front ring is positioned too low on Mia - even if it would not slide on the side when she is pulling, it would go across her front legs. This is not just uncomfortable for the dog but she could also step out from the harness this way.
Maybe this front ring would work a little better if I would tighten the neck strap a little more but than her head wouldn’t go through the harness (at least not easily) and let’s be honest: no one will change the length of the straps every time you put it on the dog.
• No-pull: Probably it works if your dog’s built is a good fit for the harness but didn’t work for us
• Running/biking (as an occasional hobby, buy specific equipment if you want to get into it seriously): every dog is different, so be sure it doesn’t interfere with the shoulder movement. I don’t think this is the best harness for any kind of pulling but it’s good enough to give it a try before investing into a better suited one.
• Hiking: Great! The handle on the back is not too big but creates some risk to let your dog run around in a forest while wearing it. I have good experience with it though: Mia never got stuck on a bush in the forest while it provided an easy way to help up the pup on rocks/out of water, etc. Good to know that the part between the legs will collect all the mud and the material of the mesh parts can take a long time to dry. On the other hand, I expected that I would need to wash it frequently, but it doesn’t smell or looks too dirty. Once it is dry, you can brush the muddy parts, and it looks good enough (okay, this depends on your standards).
• City walk: Good enough: visible, the dog is not sliding out.
• Easy to put on/adjust: both straps are adjustable, it is easy to put on unless you have a dog with a big head (no buckle on the neck strap).
• Visibility: great, it has bright colors and reflective parts all over.
I used this harness and the matching leash for a couple of weeks, and I’m pleased with it in general. The only quality issues I saw is that the black paint of the metal rings on the harness and on the stainless zink-alloy hook of the leash is already coming off. I also feel that mesh part of the harness is not as durable as the TLH5551 that I will review soon.
As I described above, I cannot use the harness as a no-pull harness, but besides that, it seems like a great product.
For your reference, the harness in the photos is medium size. Before buying this harness, consider that the width of the part between the dog’s leg is 2 inches (5 cm) in case of the medium size - be sure it will be comfortable for your dog to walk in it and it’s not too wide.